Answers to Basic Spa Questions
What is it?
Eyes and skin can become irritated after spending time in the spa for various reasons. Out-of-balance pool parameters, specifically pH, can cause eye and skin irritation in soakers. A build-up of contaminants in water can also create chloramines (a chlorine smell) and contribute to eye/skin irritation.
To adjust pH:
- Test water before adding product to ensure which factors need to be adjusted
- Add pH Decreaser if pH is high, pH Increaser if the pH is low
To remove contaminants:
To prevent irritating conditions:
- Keep spa water balanced according to suggested parameters
- Chemically clean filter every 4-6 weeks
- Oxidize water weekly to destroy contaminants*
*such as perspiration, suntan lotions, hair sprays, body oils, urine, pet dander, and cosmetics
Best guess or expert opinion?
Your SpaGuard Dealer has been trained to quickly answer just about any question you might have. No need to guess when we can provide solid advice!