When people use spas, they leave undesirable compounds like body oil, perspiration and cosmetics that can irritate skin, burn eyes and create odors. Oxidizing, also known as shocking the water, removes these compounds and restores water clarity and comfort. An oxidizer should be used weekly in most residential spas and more frequently in heavily-used or commercial spas.
Every spa needs to be shocked to eliminate undesirable compounds that build up with use. Enhanced Shock allows you to quickly shock your spa and re-enter in just fifteen minutes as long as the free chlorine is in the appropriate range.
This non-chlorine shock is the ideal oxidizer for spas with an ionizer unit. It makes undesirable compounds disappear.